To facilitate nuclear education and support for the CTBT. Ratification resulting in nuclear disarmament and non-proliferation is key for global security.
Why Ratify the CTBT?
1. Strengths national policy
2. Advances nonproliferation and arms control objectives, as well as leadership worldwide
3. Enables on-site inspections, global testing activities monitoring, as well as the International Monitoring System (IMS)
4. No need to test to maintain deterrence; preserves today’s balance of capabilities globally
5. As testing stays legal, nuclear proliferation to non-nuclear states can/will occur, while in turn diminishing the relative power of nuclear weapon holding states, such as the USA, as the power of other states increases